Winning the Board Game
Enhance creativity, satisfaction, wellbeing and overall board performance
The quality of board members’ interactions is crucial to board success, but often hampered by a board being a ‘virtual team’ with low ‘cultural intelligence’. Cultural Intelligence (CQ) is related to Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and is the ability to make sense of unfamiliar contexts and “fit in.”
- Are ‘creative tensions’ on your Board tense without being creative?
- Is the board climate confrontational rather than challenging?
- Does your board talk but not listen?
- Are things said in an unhelpful way, or left unsaid?
- Have your strengths as individuals and as a board been lost to sight?
- Do you feel de-energised and drained by the board?
A Winning the Board Game programme is designed specifically to a given brief, and provides bespoke board and individual developmental coaching to create improvements in dynamics that are sustainable over time. Enhance creativity, satisfaction, wellbeing and overall board performance – the Harvard Business Review found that:
- Cultural intelligence of individual directors, or their predisposition to working well in teams, is critical in generating high-quality team dynamics
- The quality of board-level team dynamics is highly correlated with firm profitability
- Boards that are able to function effectively as a team have an 800% greater impact on firm profitability than any one well-qualified board director
Contact Mark to discuss the specific needs of your board and begin planning the shape of your Board Game strategy.
 Charas, S. (2014) ‘The Key to a Better Board: Team Dynamics’. Harvard Business Review, January.